The Governance of Eco-City Innovation
The aim of this ESRC Research Seminar is to explore the governance of current eco-city innovation, and to facilitate the development of academic and expert networks with a view to stimulating policy-relevant research and knowledge transfer. The seminar series consists of five consecutive events hosted during 2011―2012. The events address the multi-faceted interrelationship between governance and innovation. This is particularly pertinent, given the recent rapid expansion and mainstreaming of eco-city initiatives, which gives rise to important questions about their political, social and economic governance.
- Seminar 1 – eco-city governance: defining the research and policy agenda: programme, abstract, synthesis report and video
- Seminar 2 – eco-city innovation: integrated systems management and policy coordination: programme, abstract and synthesis report
- Seminar 3 – eco-city politics: national policy, local leadership, public accountability: programme, abstract and synthesis report
- Seminar 4 – bringing eco-cities to life: community engagement, local activism: programme, abstract and synthesis report
- Seminar 5 – ‘good’ governance for eco-city innovation: international perspectives: synthesis report
- Eco-city policy briefing document